Commitment to Wagyu Beef
Our locally-produced specialty, Ishigaki Wagyu Beef, is purchased from trusted local butcher shops with a rating of A5 or above for each cut. We meticulously manage the quality of the beef in-house and provide our customers with safe and secure meat.
Our premium black wagyu beef is carefully selected from all over Japan, focusing on the A5 grade with the best meat quality available at that time. We meticulously manage the quality of the beef in-house and provide our customers with safe and secure meat.
We use only the best and freshest offal meat, which is mainly sourced from purchasing one whole Ishigaki beef at a time to maintain freshness and ensure the delicious taste of Wagyu beef.
Commitment to flavor
We use an original “momidare” sauce that adds the savory taste of the sea and a “tsukedare” sauce that incorporates the refreshing flavor of fruits!
We have conducted research to achieve the perfect blend of natural salt and various spices, resulting in our widely popular “awase-shio” seasoning!
Our proud “miso-dare” sauce is made from Aichi prefecture’s spicy and rich “hatcho miso” and Nagano prefecture’s sweet “mame-miso” with a hint of fruity flavor, which condenses a refreshing taste within the deep umami flavor.
Commitment to sake
We offer a variety of carefully selected Japanese sake and other alcoholic beverages, including six types of local Awamori from Ishigaki Island where our shop is located. Our selection includes red wine, Japanese sake, rice shochu, barley shochu, black sugar shochu, plum wine, and more. The owner has personally chosen each beverage based on their taste and quality.
Commitment to rice
For a yakiniku restaurant, rice is just as important as meat, and we are committed to it!
We use new rice as much as possible, and have a trusted rice dealer mill the exact amount we need. We cook freshly-milled rice all at once in a gas kettle.
The rice is so delicious that you’ll naturally want a second helping!
JA Ishigaki Wagyu Beef Definition
- “Ishigaki wagyu Beef” refers to purebred Japanese black cattle that have been registered and raised for at least 20 months in the Yaeyama District, and have a production history certificate. They can be either castrated males or females.
- The shipment period for castrated males is between 24 to 35 months, and for females, it is between 24 to 40 months.
- The quality of the meat is indicated by the Japan Meat Grading Association, with the following grades:
- Special Selection: Walking and stopping grade (A or B) and meat quality grade (5 or 4) Famous product: Walking and stopping grade (A or B) and meat quality grade (3 or 2)
- The “Ishigaki wagyu Beef“label is issued for meat that meets the above conditions.
- For retail sales, the label “Ishigaki wagyu Beef“issued by JA Okinawa is used to indicate the product.